Suzy in the eyes of co-workers

Filming is really difficult, but Suzy has never once said that she is tired. She isn’t calculating or scheming and she’s far from selfish or egocentric. I think Suzy’s charm is her simple honesty. She always makes filming enjoyable with her bright spirited energy.”
— Lee Seung Gi at 구가의서 press conference 130520
We were originally going to publish this later, but given recent events, we are posting a part of it today. Please reblog/tweet/etc.
We have collected and translated what people that know Suzy in real life have said about her. Many of these were either published on personal twitters and blogs or brought up by the coworker themselves without any request from reporters. 
Kim Soo Hyun
Even though Suzy is young, she is never daunted. She doesn’t get disheartened. She is also really positive. That’s why everyone becomes fond of her.I think there is a kind of spell that Suzy casts. By the end, all the staff members were, should I say, addicted to Suzy.
She is mature and good-natured to the point where I ask myself “Was I like that when I was 18?”
Even if the director is yelling and scolding, she doesn’t become intimidated or discouraged. Whenever I look back at her, she has a smiling face.
In Suzy’s case, on top of her young age, it was her first time acting and she had a lot of scenes. She must have suffered more than anyone else yet she was always mature and kept a bright face. When acting with someone, you can tell what kind of person they are, so those parts were admirable and nice.
Bae Yong Joon hyung was especially fond of Suzy out of the cast members. He only used a lot of emoticons [with her]. He said that “texting with other actors and texting with Suzy is different.”
Haha
She’s really a good kid. Usually when you reach Suzy’s level, people become arrogant, but she’s not like that at all. One time she discovered a billboard of herself by chance and exclaimed, “Whoa it’s me!” She’s still an innocent kid.
Director Lee Yong Joo of Introduction to Architecture
I am really proud of her as a director. It was really touching how Suzy worked so hard, prepared so much, and studied sincerely like a student. Once she left her script on the set and a staff member kept it and gave it to me. I was shocked - looking at the script, she had filled up page after page with careful notes just like a high school student studying for exams.
I thought, ‘this is what it means to work hard.’ Seeing her continuously worry, practice, and concentrate, I thought that she would become a great actress. She followed my directions as much as I wanted. That’s what I am most thankful to Suzy for.
Sung Yuri
Personally, I really like Suzy, who I see as really young and cute.
Looking at Suzy especially, I think that she shows the best possible character one can achieve at that age.
Broadcast staff member
miss A members are fundamentally really kind and easygoing and super polite. Especially with Suzy, you would think that she’d be a little arrogant since she is already such a top star, but she’s not like that at all. She always brightly greets the staff members on set, is friendly with them, and you can feel that it is sincere and not an act. During the breaks on set, she watches the staff play Nintendo games and is really nice to her unnies. She seems very polite and kind, like a kid that has grown up receiving love.
Jewelry’s Yewon
When Suzy would come after finishing overseas performances as well as other schedules, she must be really tired but she doesn’t show it. Inside, I was very surprised. I realized that there is a reason behind success.
Daughter of broadcast PD
I heard that amongst PDs, Suzy is really a gem. They say that even though she has risen so much in popularity, she is the same as when she started out and really is innocent.
Lee Chan Hyuk of Akdong Musician
Yoon Do Hyun: I heard that Chanhyuk has fallen in love recently, who is the girl?
Soohyun: It’s Suzy, Suzy Suzy Suzy.
Chanhyuk: I registered at her fan café. Meeting her, I saw that she has a great personality as well.
Boom: Of course. Suzy is too kindhearted.
Song Eun-Yi (gagwoman)
I think miss A ‘Suzy’ is really admirable, truly..
Lee Jae Hoon (co-star from Introduction to Architecture)
Even though I received the jealousy and resentment of millions of male fans, I liked [working with her] because she was very pretty, genuine, and sincere.
Extra on Gu Family Book
Lee Seung Gi and Suzy’s mentalities are the best.
I went to be an extra on Gu Family Book.
Since the extras were getting soaked by the rain, as soon as she heard ‘cut!’ Suzy told her manager and coordinator to help them dry off and she herself helped wipe the extras’ faces with a tissue. Also there was an extra waiting outside and she gave him an umbrella and even went and got him coffee.
When the filming ended Suzy came to the extras’ bus and said you guys had such a hard time today, let’s meet next time when the weather is good!
Yoo Yeon Suk (co-star from Introduction to Architecture)
These days, television quality is so good that celebrities on screen and in real life look about the same, but you can’t tell personality.
When it comes to Suzy, her personality is as pretty as her face. Even though she’s an extremely popular star, she does everything the way she feels and expresses. She has none of the things that are concerning in others that debuted at a young age, and is a really pure person.
Jeon Ah Min (co-star from Dream High)
Some viewers said that Bae Suzy’s acting was awkward, but in my eyes, it isn’t. She is working really hard and at that level on her first try is good. Her personality is really kind as well and she is very polite on set.
Staff member of Introduction to Architecture
The truly kind Suzy, who remembered each and every staff member and personally wrote us all letters, even though she came to set having only slept 3 hours in this busy year-end period!!!!!! Super touched!!!!!
Kim Joo Yeon (student from Suzy’s old school)
(To Suzy) Unnie! Do you remember Ms. Yuri Kim, your 9th grade history teacher? She is our teacher now! She says you were really a good kid! (…) I heard her talk about you! She says you were really pretty and truly hardworking!!
Make-A-Wish Foundation
On February 5th, despite her busy schedule, she met and granted the wishes of the children with incurable diseases who had waited for her.
The children that met Suzy were a 15-year-old boy suffering from lymphoma and a 11-year-old girl suffering from a brain tumor. These two children had requested to meet Suzy through the Korean Make-a-Wish Foundation.
In the small conference room, Suzy gladly greeted the two children and sincerely answered all their questions. When asked what was the most rewarding moment after becoming a singer, she replied “Moments like right now, when I can become a source of strength to other people.”
She praised and marveled at the hat and hair accessory that the children had prepared as gifts, and put them on right away. After spending time with them talking and making handprints, Suzy said “with today’s memory, I hope you can overcome the tough times at the hospital and become healthy” and gave them each a guitar and sneakers as a gift.
Lee Seung Gi
I think that her hardworking attitude on set is charming. Honestly, actresses can be a little difficult and get tired, but Suzy works quietly yet energetically. I’ve never seen an actress so brave. The more I see her, the more I like her.
Baek Sung Hyun (co-star from Big)
I think that Suzy is really a good person. Her good-natured and hardworking persona is attractive. I don’t know if it’s because I’m absorbed in my character, but I can’t take my eyes off of her.
Jo Sung-ha (co-star from Gu Family Book)
When I met Suzy at award shows before, I felt a calm and demure femininity, but the Suzy I met on set was completely into the Dam Yeo Wool character and showed off a clumsy and boyish charisma. She feels like a real daughter because she is someone that truly works hard.
Translated by Seryn 아보카도 of @forsuzy94.
credit : http://forsuzy94.tumblr.com/

Comments